Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I have been making jewellery for about 2 years now.  My 3 sisters from England (Sue, Babs and Jan) came to Iowa for a visit in October 2008. We took a trip to Galena, Il, and paid a visit to Galena Beads - that's where it all started.  I am happy to report that we are all beading fanatics now and we made a return visit in April 2010.  My daughter, Emma, is a phenomenal artist in her own right.  She plays drums and guitar in a band and can paint, draw and make beautiful pieces of jewellery. I have a wonderful husband - Graham, and an awesome son - Mike.  They are very patient and supportive in all that I do. 

This piece is called 'Forest Fern'.  It is made with Vintaj Natural Brass.  I love working with Vintaj components - they are high quality and very easy to work with.  I coloured the fern and embossed and inked the blank to make the pattern.  The pattern on the blank is sealed with Glossy Accents - Karen  

No comments:

Post a Comment