Saturday, August 11, 2012

I think it's time for Bead Soup!



Hello and welcome to the Bead Soup Blog Party!  This is the second time I have participated in this wonderful event.  I would like to say a huge "Thank You" to Lori Anderson for all her hard work and organizational skills in putting this event together.  Lori - you are amazing!!!  My lovely bead soup partner is Christina Stofmeel.  She lives in the Netherlands and is a self taught lampwork bead artist.  She teaches classes and has written a couple of books.  Check out her beautiful beads on Etsy.  Yay!  I just received my beads on Thursday evening.  Here is the bead soup I received from Christina :) 


Beautiful lampies in blues and greens
 

Gorgeous hollow bead, frit beads and pebble spacer beads by Christina  
 
Beautiful ribbon, Russian amazonite, Mykanos beads, czech glass beads
As you can see I had a wonderful selection of beads and beautiful colour combination to work with.  The hollow focal bead was a bit of a challenge (in a very good way).  I have never made anything with a hollow bead before and I must confess that it had me flumoxed for a a few minutes.  After studying it a bit longer I decided that it looks like one of those glass buoys you see with fisherman's netting around them. I love anything to do with the sea so I set about making the necklace below. 


"Diving Bell" Necklace
I used the Russian Amazonite chips with freshwater pearls and dangled a teensie seahorse charm and an anchor charm.  The chunky/rustic chain reminds me of old treasures from the ocean.  I wound wire and hammered it flat and then added a brass bead I had coloured with patina and then the gorgeous focal bead.  The chain,wire and charms are beautiful Fallen Angel Brass.

The bracelet below also has a beach theme.  I love the frit beads and the pebble spacer beads.  They are such gorgeous blues and greens.  I paired them with silver spacer beads, freshwater pearls and peanut beads.  The starfish charm is pewter and matches the toggle clasp beautifully. 

"Tide Pool" Bracelet
For the earrings I used Christina's gorgeous frit beads and added flattened Vintaj Brass bead caps.  I repeated the look of the bracelet by using the little silver spacer beads and the tiny czech glass seed beads. 
Sea Urchin Earrings


Thanks to my wonderful bead soup partner Christina for sending me such beautiful beads to play with.  Click on a name below to visit other participating blogs.  Have fun!!! 
Thanks for visiting ~ Karen

Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 

Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners

Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 

 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead


Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio


Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads


Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae


Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders


Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place


 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs


Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle


Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads


Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 


Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art

59 comments:

  1. very pretty !
    your designs make a lovely set
    Delicious soup !
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of your designs are really great. I particularly like the first one. There's just something about hollow beads that really appeals to me. Your comparison of them to a fishing buoy is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the water themed jewelery - all three pieces are gorgeous! I really love the "Diving Bell" necklace - it does make you think of beach nets and water. I also love that little seahorse you added to the chain. Love the colors in the "Tide Pool" and "Sea Urchin" pieces! Lovely soup designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are very nice but the bracelet and earrings are just to die for.Absolutely lovely pieces

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love everything you made. The colors are gorgeous. Just beautiful. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chain on the focal bead and all make me wish I was at the beach. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great bead soup! and your creations are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normally I don't like blue but you did a really cool job...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore the chain with the blues...and the starfish bracelet is perfect for summer! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all beautiful -- I'm particularly fond of lampwork beads and that focal, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creations from beautiful ingredients! The Tide Pool bracelet is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tide pool and sea urchin are amazing! They would look lovely in my collection :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an incredible set. I can't believe that you only had a day to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You received a wonderful soup. I love the colors! The pieces you created are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sea and your beach/ocean themed pieces really attracted me. I love the rustic look of the necklace and that bracelet is so very pretty. All 3 would be great pieces to wear on holiday, especially one spent by the sea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The amonzonite and the chain worked very well together - all your pieces are beautiful. Nice work.

    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, very nice creations!!! I really like the star fish... it brings everything together!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your soup! And definitely love how you put them together using the sea theme. I love the details you put into your creations too, like the little seahorse bead in your first necklace. Lovely pieces of jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely!!! Like the blue tones of your jewellery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Blues are so in this year. You created very wearable pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice pieces! It all came together beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really beautiful, especially the bracelet with the starfish.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your work. So beautifully composed... love the contrast of the colors in the necklace... and gorgeous design with the starfish...

    Great job! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  24. The colors ar every nice! The necklace is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely catch of the day! Great work - and styling!

    ReplyDelete
  26. All your pieces are very pretty, but my favorite is the starfish bracelet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful, so takes me to the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You really gave a lot of thought and how beautifully it came out at the end. What a clever idea using the sea theme with the blue pallette. The choice of Russian amazonite was great indeed. I love your work and style. Dita

    ReplyDelete
  29. one of my favorite places on the planet is Charleston, SC. your bracelet makes me think of it. such a happy piece! beautiful work! ~diana

    ReplyDelete
  30. What lovely things you have made I particularly like the bracelet and earrings such nice colours.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  31. The Diving Bell necklace is my favorite. Lovely colors you had to work with. The earrings are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful - all of your pieces are stunning. I love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love all the pieces that you created. Very beachy and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Another soup of beautiful blues.....love what you made - you certainly captured the ocean or water theme. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What beautiful pieces!! I love the blues and the ocean theme. Yummy soup.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You made some lovely pieces, Karen. My favourite is your "diving bell" necklace. Great name. All such pretty colurs. You had a gorgeous soup.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  37. You did a fantastic job. I love the sea theme and the blackened wire...beautiful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like all of your pieces a lot. You made a great beach theme. I like the color choices that you made. When I am done with my BSBP pieces I am designing a beach necklace & bracelet at the request of my sister-in-law. She chose the stones.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is sooo me.
    Lovely, beautiful and pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such lovely and soothing colors. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh wow! Your creations make me want to run to the beach and play in the ocean ^.^

    Those beads you had to work with are truly works of art; I'm so in awe of lampwork artists!

    Love all your creations :)

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love everything you made. Your style is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  43. oooohhhhh, I love the black chain you have used for the necklace. All of your pieces are simply beautiful. <3

    Melissa Muir
    http://design.kcjewelbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love all your pieces, can't choose my favourite!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Karen,
    Beautiful pieces I love the necklace it is gorgeous and so are the bracelet and earrings.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ohhh Karen, your pieces and your soup are so my thing! Love, love the sea theme and in particular those sea urchin earrings. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  47. wonderful creation! you did a great job with your soup!
    greets
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  48. Really gorgeous pieces, I love the necklace especially!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great soup to work with! Lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  50. First off anything with a Ocean theme gets me alwayyyyyyys! I luv the Tidal pool bracelet.. Gaga over all your pieces though. Such gorgeous designs and great use of your soup!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am still hopping! I love the sea urchin earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for visiting my blog and tasting my soup!! I am so drawn to the lovely blues your partner sent you and love all the creations you made especially the bracelet!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. my fav soup by far :) great job.

    ReplyDelete