Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Cup of Bead Soup and Winter Arrives

Good Morning! :)  Woohoo!  I am excited to be participating in the 5th Bead Soup Blog Hop.  My blog partner is Helene Goldberg from Australia.  Check out her blog 25reasons on our sidebar.  Can't wait to see what beads I receive and have a pretty good idea about what I am going to send to Helene :)

Well we finally got some cold weather and snow!  Yesterday was very windy.  Snow was blowing across the driveway and I had to shovel for the first time this winter.  Pretty good for Iowa!  I took this photo of our screen door this morning.  It has funky snow and ice patterns on it.  So pretty!


Yesterday I received my package from J-Lynn Jewels.  I love J-Lynn's tiles.  The colours on these latest tiles are just beautiful.  Photos don't really do them full justice.  I made some earrings with the dog tag tiles and have two heart tiles to design with.  Aren't they gorgeous? 


Have been working on a design for "Saving 2nd Base" to raffle at their Relay for Life event on June 2nd 2012 in Shelton, CT.  Will be mailing the necklace this week.  If anyone wants to help out with a donation please visit http://www.facebook.com/#!/mysaving2ndbase for details. 

Have a great day!
~ Karen :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Karen,
    I was so excited to see you already created those gorgeous pair of earrings with the Dog Tag tiles! Love the czech glass colors with it too :) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the Butterflies...and love your necklace too - very creative with pretty color and bead choices! ~JLynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind compliments Janice! I love your dog tag tiles :) So pretty. I am working on the butterflies and will post a photo soon. I was pleased with the way the necklace for 'Saving 2nd Base' came out. One of those evenings where things just jelled! :) ~ Karen

      Delete